Update to Church ByLaws
Update to Church BylawsAt the request of the Executive Committee a team was formed to review and update the Church Bylaws. One objective is to formally adopt the Ministry Team structure approved by the Board for trial in 2020. Additional recommendations include:
· Allowing Deacons to select representatives rather than requiring all Deacons to be Board members.
· Reducing the size of the Nominating Committee and Search Committee.
· Modifying our membership structure moving long-term inactive members to a former member status, while maintaining their membership history.
· Adding provisions for virtual meetings.
· Updating the language and terminology to make the documents easier to read and understand.
The proposed revisions were approved by the General Board on September 26, 2021. The revised Bylaws will be presented to the Congregation for approval on October 10, 2021.For those who want more detail on the proposed changes, there will be a meeting in Blackwood Hall at 11:15 AM on Sunday, October 3. Or you may call committee chair Judy Shannon at 682.465.1613. Printed copies of the proposed changes are available in the Church office for review.